Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Evening Chorus

Many folks like to listen to the birds at dawn, I prefer the hour before sunset. They were in full harmony on this gorgeous evening - and it seemed as though the creek was singing along with them, as well as the barking dog keeping time on the neighbor's hill, and the minnows were doing water ballet. As I soaked in the sunshine coming through the trees and lost count of the shades of green, I realized it wasn't the beauty or perfection of the natural world that brought my thoughts to God -- it was the pervading sense of peace that quieted my mind enough to see it all...that's when I have no doubts.

1 comment:

  1. And I, the birdsong at 3 a.m. There's nothing quite so sweet as the mockingbird's song when my soul needs calming. It's the balm of Gilead to me.

    ReplyDelete